View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
This has got to be one of the worst arguments I've ever seen because it contains so many slants, biases, and assumptions that it's not worth acknowledging. The simple reality of the matter is that Smith is the better player at this stage...period. Saying Smith tends to struggle against better opponents is irrelevant as that is the case with everyone. The better your opponent is, the harder it is. It's pretty simple.

The only question that matters is who is the better QB right now that gives the team the best chance at winning right now. The answer is Alex Smith and not Colin Kaepernick. So far in three games, Kaepernick has struggled in two of them. Three of four if you include the first St. Louis game he played in. By your logic, that means Kaepernick struggles in 66 to 75% of his games and he's shown problems against worse opponents.

I would have no problems cutting Smith and going with Kaepernick next season based on the potential I've seen. But right now with a kid that has a grand total of three starts under his belt and a guy that will have at most seven starts before the playoffs, he's just not ready to be the guy that gets them to the Super Bowl.
Yet it's still a more fact-based argument than the "Because some guy on the internet that goes by Pinkfloyd just said so" argument.

Brad Tolliver is offline   Reply With Quote