View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 11:09 PM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
They don't need to "think" about it. Its about numbers.

Quote:
“The NHL made a mistake in overexpanding to bad markets, and now it’s trying to make the players pay for that mistake,” said Raymond D. Sauer, president of the North American Association of Sports Economists and chair of the economics department at Clemson University. “It’s that simple.”
So you have one person, who probably isn't independent, and somehow you know what "most independent sports economists" think ???

Quote:
Let me see: Chair of a major University's Economics department or a poster on a hockey message board?

I stand by my orginal argument.

Yes, because the dismal science a great analytical and predictive track record :-)

http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/a...articleid=2234

Anyway you should have your own opinion rather than delegating to experts. Always think for yourself if you're in a position to do so. I know a lot of experts at various subjects. I'm an expert. Experts often know what they're talking about. But often, they're wrong, it happens. This will probably happen even more often in a discipline like economics than say physics, as the former has weaker foundations.

If you post his actual argument, I might be impressed. But right now it's just a conclusion and a credential. It has no value.

Last edited by DAChampion: 12-04-2012 at 11:26 PM.