Thread: Prospect Info: Bruins Prospect Thread Part IV
View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 11:19 PM
NeelyFan08

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
So as pretty much locks in the WJC we'll have Hamilton, Subban and Khoklachev.

Camara and Grzelcyk with outside shots.

Any more?
I think Grzelyck has more than an outside shot at making USA. He was a standout at the camp and has been great all year for BU. This tidbit is from United States of Hockey:

Quote:
Matt Grzelcyk — LD — Boston University — If you were able to catch the BU-BC game last Friday on NBC Sports Network, you saw what Grzelcyk can do. He was BU’s best defenseman and scored a beauty of a wraparound goal. Yeah, a defenseman with a wraparound goal. The thing about Grzelcyk is not that he contributes offensively, but that he has a terrific sense of when to turn it up and when to focus on D. His hockey sense and vision are standout tools, which helps his high-end distributing ability. Grzelcyk simply makes plays. When it comes to defending, he knows how to take care of his own zone with good positioning and awareness. Grzelcyk is terrific at keying the transition and knows how to catch opposing teams napping. He isn’t going to bowl anybody over physically and the size (5-9, 168) leaves little to be desired, but his hockey IQ makes you forget about it. Because he, Gostisbehere and Reilly are so similar, it’s tough to know where to draw the line. For Grzelcyk it might be his age. He’s eligible to return next year and while it would probably be unfair to go off of that, it might end up playing a role in a competition this tight. I think his primary competition for Grzelcyk is Reilly. Boston Bruins

Here’s a look at the positional depth chart as I see it right now. These are not projected pairings.

Gostisbehere – Jones
Grzelcyk – Trouba
Reilly - Murphy
McCabe
Sieloff
Skjei
http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2012...fense-goalies/

Last edited by NeelyFan08: 12-04-2012 at 11:33 PM.