View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 11:30 PM
RJQuack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksPK View Post
I know that there are players better than him haha, and Barkov is a special player, there is no doubt in my mind that he goes straight to the NHL, but its becoming a commonality for talented players to go the NHL straight out of the draft. He is near as good as his numbers say, I have watched him play on numerous occasions. To be in the same level of draftee as let's say, Lindholm and Monahan, is quite the feat, and that is where he is at. I personally don't think his game is NHL ready, but you really never know with talented prospects. Guys like Skinner and Burmistrov can make the NHL as 18 year olds. Drouin has a lot to offer, and in near a years time, there is a lot of progress to be made.
I don't think he makes it next year. There's still things he can work on and get bigger... As for "feeding off MacKinnon" I don't buy into that. If you watch him night in night out you can see he has the skill and ability to make others around him better... I wish they'd split them up in Halifax for experient purposes haha.