View Single Post
12-04-2012, 11:55 PM
vCash: 500
2013 NHL Mock Draft : Lottery

I saw a post on another thread in which the poster cliamed he had used mathematics to predict what the possible 2013 league wide NHL Draft Lottery would look like and here's the top five he came up with:

1. Colorado
2. Toronto
3. Anaheim
4. Calgary
5. Philadelphia

I don't disagree or agree with this order because anything can happen, but I do disagree with what the replies were to which player would go where in that top 5. So, I crunched some of these prospects numbers (stats, size, potential depth chart position etc..) and I've come up with my 5 players based off of this top 5.

1. Avalanche : Seth Jones (With so many young forwards in the organization they won't pass up the chance to get one of the best, or the best, d-man to be drafted in the last five years. He will help everything on that team right away because he's a two way, all around ind of guy that could seriously help the Av's)

2. Toronto : Nathan Mackinnon (Won't pass up)

3. Anaheim : Jonathan Drouin (Sure it might be a little surprising to see Anaheim take him so high but he's probably the second or maybe third best forward in this Draft and Anaheim wont look to far past him at #3)

4.Calgary: Sean Monahan (After last years draft where the Flames took a gamble with Prep School superstar Mark Jankowski, I think they'll play it safe this year with Ottawa 67's forward Sean Monahan. They get some of the size they need - 6'2, 186 pounds - and possibly that #1 centre)

5. Philadelphia: Nikita Zadorov (Although this will surprise some, you can't go wrong with a d-man who's 6'5, 230 pounds and puts up 11 points through 29 games with the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League and after last draft where the Flyers took an all around centre in Scott Laughton, I think they'll take this beast on the blue line.

mmohorovich is offline   Reply With Quote