Thread: Value of: Marc Staal to St. Louis
View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 12:05 AM
h22prelude93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Why would the Rangers want any of those things in a deal for Staal? We aren't rebuilding (no need for the 1st or Rattie) and don't want to downgrade our current team (all of the rest of the guys).

If you want Staal, you need to improve our current team or at least make it something of an even swap. We will not take picks and prospects for him unless those prospects are Tarasenko. And even then the Rangers likely wouldn't move Staal for him alone (I just have a hard time seeing Sather move Staal straight up for a single -- albeit very good -- prospect).
Chris Stewart has shown he can be a legitimate 30 goal scorer in the right setting. Personally, I think he would fit in nicely in Tort's system. He's a big body with speed and a nose for the net. He would most likely come back to haunt St. Louis if we traded him. Ty Rattie is very close to being NHL ready. This will be his last year in Juniors, and he should be competing for a spot in the NHL next season. I realize that's not exactly a "now" player, but his potential is VERY high. The only reason he has been overlooked so much is due to playing with Sven Bärtschi, and he has shown this season that he can produce just the same without him. In fact, he was Team WHL's MVP in the recent Subway Super Series. Ian Cole is set to be Pietrangelo's partner if a trade isn't made. He can also play the right side if need be. He's a physical defenseman with good two-way ability, but at this point is probably more of a 2nd or 3rd pairing guy. Staal is a great young defenseman, and I would love to have him...BUT if it would take much more than that package then I'm honestly not at all interested.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote