View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 12:21 AM
TAnnala
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkine View Post
That was a brainfart on my part. Brutal choice of words. I ment "normal" Rocket Richard winner. I know he has been great but to look that good in that kind of company was a bit of a surprise for me even when that particular list only took best three seasons into consideration.
I think the problems with injuries are making Selanne look more inconsistent than he actually was.

If you would leave out the injury years in the middle of Selanne's career (which is not unreasonable since he obviously had serious problems with his leg) he would end up with PPG roughly 1.2 and GPG roughly 0.56 over 1100 games. It would put him in the same territory as Sakic/Lafleur point wise and around top-10 GPG. This is cherry picking in a way that I don't like and this should not give any definite answers since every player has problems in their career. But outside of career threatening injuries Selanne has been consistently one of the top producers. The overall value of player like Selanne is another debate tough. But scoring wise Selanne has been pretty much one of the most elite players.

TAnnala is online now   Reply With Quote