Old
12-05-2012, 01:56 AM
shureshot66
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
This is rather heartening, from the LeBrun piece:
Agreed. I was encouraged to see him in the owners group. There was a recent book out called "Breakaway" that detailed the entire new arena process in Pittsburgh and much is written about how Burkle's negotiating experience and his methods helped cut through posturing on both sides and save a deal that was in serious danger.

Of course, this is a far more complex and nuanced situation than that. But there's some reason for optimism here, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
I did a quick look up on his history. Burkle is a staunch Democrat and had a piece of a green-listed company. Getting on the green-list means a relatively clean labor record, good on environment, not involved in consumer fraud.
Staunch would be an understatement. He's a personal pal of Bill Clinton and the duo doesn't have the best reputation together because of some of their shenanigans. There's a particularly unflattering nickname given to Burkle's private jet that he and Clinton used to tool around on together.

The guy isn't any kind of saint or savior, but hopefully he can help end this nonsense.

shureshot66 is offline   Reply With Quote