View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 02:01 AM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
More physical and a better scorer? Neal had more hits and three less points. This isn't even homerism, I'm a Rangers fan. Kovalchuk was also receiving passes from a 95-point player in Parise. Neal is at the same level goal-scoring wise as Datsyuk and worse in the playmaking and two-way departments, but I wouldn't say Kovalchuk is better than Datsyuk.
Dude, Neal has had ONE beast season and is nowhere NEAR as talented as Kovalchuk. I mean, seriously. I really, really like Neal. Also, since when is Parise a 95 point player? Again, doing something one time doesn't make you that player. Is Cheechoo a 50 goal scorer? And since when is Parise some kind of elite playmaker? He plays like Cally. Kovalchuk is a dominant offensive force who has been so consistently since entering the league and makes things happen completely on his own, no need for any kind of playmaker. He is approaching the NHL record books. Neal never had a season anything like last year until he became Malkin's linemate. This is a really bad, and seemingly uneducated argument. I'm a fellow Rangers fan so I don't mean to make any kind of insult here, but how long have you been following the game? I'm pumped about Kreider too, but your username is a rookie, you feel Neal is better than Kovalchuk after one season, and your arguments all seem to be based on very, very recent history. Kovalchuk's career, however, clearly indicates he is a vastly superior player. Very easily top 10 in the league, in my opinion, which is shared by many.

Last edited by Ollie Queen: 12-05-2012 at 02:08 AM.
Ollie Queen is offline   Reply With Quote