Thread: Today I...
View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 03:05 AM
SaintMorose

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCritical View Post
Today I am shaking with anger after an incident in my semi private lesson this morning.

After what I thought was a perfectly nomal lesson from coach, the other girl in the group put up a rant on facebook about what a meanie coach is. She accused him of the following:

a) tapping her on the butt with his stick (I haven't had a coach who doesn't do this, regardless of gender)
b) Calling her by her full name when she makes mistakes
c) Incessantly pointing out said mistakes (in other words, DOING HIS JOB!)

His family got involved - siding with her - and the whole thing escalated, and racial slurs were thrown about (coach is european) it was quite disgusting. it ended with his sister in law complaining to his wife, saying she would make sure he was kept under control.

I'm furious, basically. I don't know why she's paying for lessons if her fragile ego can't handle being corrected. But that's for her to deal with, not do classless things like trash him on social media, giving his in laws, who don't like him, reason to rag on him even more. I think he's a good coach, he's very firm but not unkind and he's had great results in the past. It's just a shame he can't feel free to use his talents as he wants without worrying about some gossipy old women who know nothing about hockey keeping tabs on him
Hopefully he can just refund her get her out of there. He doesn't need the stress and there's no point in giving time to her if she doesn't want to learn anything better off just working with the rest of the class a bit more.

I'd let him know that you think he's doing all those things well as a coach. He might be under a bit of stress (hard to shrug the **** off sometimes)