View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 03:14 AM
Theokritos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Your Math View Post
Thomas- I disagree that there's no cake, it's just a small, dense cake. He doesn't necessarily need more hardware IMO, but another 2-3 solid seasons would make it a lot easier for him to be inducted.
Agreed. The issue is not the lack of hardware, the issue is the lack of good seasons. Thomas has 2 excellent seasons and that's it. 5 seasons of mediocrity + 2 seasons of excellence = Hall of Fame? I'm not a "career guy", but that doesn't seem right. Thomas was considered among the best in the world for only 16 months in his whole career, how many goalies with such a short prime/peak are in the HOF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Your Math View Post
Datsyuk/Elias/Hossa- These are the types of players who may end up as more borderline candidates, and whose records are hurt significantly by missing two lockout seasons. Going by past standards, they should all be inducted, but that doesn't mean they will be.
Talking of what should be, though not necessarily of what is: performance during the lockout should be taken into consideration. Datsyuk played for Dinamo Moscow in 2004-05 when they won the Russian championship and he was honored as MVP of the regular season as well as MVP of the playoffs. So he basically led Dinamo to a championship in a league that was stacked with more than 70 NHLers plus a lot of good domestic players (including Alexander Ovechkin, just one year away from his impressive NHL debut). I think he deserves some credit for that.

Theokritos is offline   Reply With Quote