View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 03:54 AM
Spinkis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Yeah our 2010 defense really wasn't especially good and Lidstrom had a poor showing aswell by his standards. Edler also wasn't named which was a mistake. We were really in the middle of two generations last Olympics. I mean, Homer was named initially and we had Modin, Weinhandl and Pahlsson playing aswell as Forsberg on one leg. Alfredsson was still good in 2010, but other than him we're not losing anything while gaining a lot. It was still a good team, and they were favorites against Slovakia, but wouldn't have beaten Canada.

For 2014 I think the balance up front looks fine, but not spectacular, age-wise. If Landeskog, Zibanejad and F.Forsberg were a few years older(or whoever that will develop into stardom), I would've like it more. But Zetterberg is a beast on big ice and needless to say it should suit the Sedins.

Out: Forsberg, Alfredsson, Pahlsson, Modin, Weinhandl. (had 12 F's)
In: Landeskog, Steen, Berglund, Hagelin. Two spots up for grabs.

The identity of the back end is a bit more interesting, there needs to be set roles going in. For instance, Hedman can't come in with the likes of Karlsson, OEL and Enstrom on the team and pretend he's the answer offensively. Edler and Kronwall also like offense. I lack a true #1 penaltykiller, but liked Hjalmarsson's big ice display in the World Champs. I like the age structure, every single player is still trending upwards in respective career and quite a few will be at their peak.

Out: Lidstrom, Ohlund, Tallinder, Johansson, Oduya, Murray. (had 8 D's)
In: Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Edler, Hedman, Hjalmarsson.

Projected line up:
Zetterberg-Backstrom-Eriksson
Sedin-Sedin-Landeskog
Franzen-Berglund-Steen
Hagelin-???????-Hornqvist
???????

Edler-Karlsson
Ekman-Larsson-Kronwall
Enstrom-Hjalmarsson
Hedman

Lundqvist
Lindback
I like this, but if hedman doesn't improve I want Staffan Kronwall.