View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 06:02 AM
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
The options you present are not the the full option....as we gave up Boston's first and our Second to Draft Biggs. So it would have to be at least Rickard Rakell and John Gibson or Biggs as that was the results of that trade.

At this point I would take Rickard Rakell and John Gibson over just Biggs.

PS I do not believe we have a great deal of goaltending depth as well.

According to Hockeys Future, John Gibson's scouting report suggests his probability of success is actually lower than Scrivens', and Rakell over Biggs is really just a matter of personal opinion. Mine is that Biggs is the type of asset Toronto has a place for in the not too distant future. He's a character kid with a lot of tangibles and clearly, he was the guy Burke wanted. That he moved up to make the pick suggests that he had intel that he wouldnt be there when the Leafs picked. And 2 picks later, DET flipped the 24th (one pick ahead of TOR's selection) to OTT for a pair of 2nds, which pretty much indicates DET missed out on picking Biggs. It was a good, proactive decision to ensure they got the guy they wanted. You disagree, so what. Hardly irrefutable evidence that Burke mishandled his picks. Quite the opposite, actually. It's this type of perpetual, whiny finger pointing that makes the staunch anti-Burke set appear irrational.

Last edited by Durkin67: 12-05-2012 at 06:10 AM.