View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 06:43 AM
Henkka

vCash: 500
Nice Semin-snipe again from Brunner on that video... and that saucer pass to Omark... hockey is beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
It's safe to say that Jacob Micflikier and Rafael Diaz and Byron Richie aren't better than Rick Nash.
There's just always more that just stats. Look behind them.

It's also safe to say that Micflickier would be just one neverheard guy without that help from superb-form Tyler Seguin and Byron Ritchie would be the same without John Tavares.

Just like Omark and Diaz have benefited from playing with Brunner and Zetteberg. Omark was 0+0 and -2 before Brunner arrived for example.

Those Davos guys have been the biggest undeachievers at Swiss league. Especially Joe Thornton. Playing in front of his mother-in-law doesn't inspire?

Still, the main point in this whole Swiss league discussion is, that somehow Damien Brunner is still the best player there. With or without 14 NHLrs, overachievers or underacheivers, he is cleary better than anybody there. He was scoring like maniac before Zetterberg arrived. And has scored like maniac with him. He equals Zetterberg and Seguin and his relative scoring rate is almost double effective to others.

And that's pretty impressive. That's basicly the only thing I care because we have this freaking guy. And we got him free.

What also points out all the time is how much he loves to shoot.

Shots per game:

Brunner 4.7
Nash 4.6
Seguin 4.4
Pacioretty 4.4
Kane 4.3
Tavares 4.1
Zetterberg 4.1
Wick 3.5
Couture 3.4
Bergeron 3.3
Spezza 3.0
Brown 3.0
Sprunger 3.0

Also when seeing those guys standing on skates with each other, I can say Brunner is one inch taller than Z and maybe two inches taller than Omark. Because Omark is 5'10 and Z is 5'11, I could say Brunner is 6'0. He has looked bigger than that informed 5'11 ever since I started watching him and now I'm sure about it.

Last edited by Henkka: 12-05-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote