View Single Post
12-05-2012, 05:57 AM
Geno and Juss '13
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
I do have one pet peeve. The wave. It began at an Oakland baseball game (though there is some disagreement of course as always is the case with these things) but was popularized by broadcasts in seattle of football games. And it served a purpose. They only did it when the other team had the ball, and it was a way to create a huge amount of noise and distraction for the team on offense. They parked it when their team was on offense.

Now we get the silliness with no purpose other than to . . .well God I have no clue why they do it. It is the equivilent of the whole 'whooo' thing which also is like fingernails on a chalk board to me.
The wave at CEC is always -- ALWAYS -- started by the moron who wears a black/gold wig and a Slegr jersey, who screams at players through the hole in the glass ... He's the super fan who has been photographed by both the PG and Trib because he goes to Steelers games shirtless yet wears a Steelers tie and whoops like a maniac. He's a staple of MNF broadcasts because he's "passionate," and I regularly thank god he does not sit in front of me at Pens games.

mrzeigler is offline   Reply With Quote