View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 07:33 AM
Guido Sarducci

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
I can honestly say that I am happy with his progress. However, I only think Irving won't be more than a #1B goalie in his career. I would have been happier if he played a season in Europe, I suppose.
Wow. The Flames 2006 first round draft pick is an AHL back up in 2012 and you are happy with his progress? You guys can rag on Flamesfan all you want, he's right.

If the lockout ends tomorrow Kiprusoff and Karlson take the two spots on the Flames which makes Irving still an AHL number 3. And Brust and Taylor are not even on Flames contracts. There are currently 3 goalies in Utah so it's even hard to send him to the ECHL to get some games played.

You are right Stewie, he should be in Europe. Playing. If I was Leland I would be spending my time in the pressbox learning Russian.

And even though he played well at times with the Flames last year in SEVEN starts he had ONE win. NHL GMs' notice things like that. Remember Curtis Mcelhinney? Hey, best of luck Irving, I just don't see it happening with the Flames.

Guido Sarducci is offline   Reply With Quote