View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 08:04 AM
3 Minute Minor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jukon View Post
It's funny that his name comes up during WJC time even years after.

There must be something wrong with him, because it's not due to lack of exposure that's for sure.
haha I didn't make the connection when I made the thread, I was actually just watching some NLA clips and thought I would throw out the name.

Majority of the reason I tossed up the thread was to see if there was a reason why Conz was not given a chance yet in NA. Seems like a lot of people say "there must be something wrong with him" but I was wondering if anyone would outright point out this major mystery flaw lol but there doesn't seem to be one.

My theory is, he's 21. A team that wants him probably doesn't want to bring him over just to battle for a backup AHL role. He's getting significant ice time in the NLA and maybe teams are just waiting a few years, let him continue to develop at home, then try to bring him over to the NHL in 3-4 years. Seems pretty rare that a Euro goalie comes over to NA, battles for AHL duties and works himself into an NHL starter role. Usually they come over ready and take over the starter role in the NHL or at least compete for the job. (I'm talking about successful Euro goalies here)

3 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote