View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 08:14 AM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido Sarducci View Post
This is the only point FLAMESFAN made that I don't agree with. Irving is/was being groomed as Kipprusoffs' back up. Meaning that he must stay sharp even if his starts are 2 or even 3 weeks apart. So far he is showing that he can't do that.
Thanks Guido. I think people have to understand it's OK to be critical and still be a fan.

What I had meant by that quote though was I'm not happy with him starting a few games a month in the AHL. I agree with you 100% for him at the NHL level, as Kipper would carry the mail there. Looking back, there really was no reason to sign Karlsson. They had no faith in him last year, and would Irving have really done any worse the year before? Instead he has barly played the past year, and I do think it has affected him.

Like I said earlier, I'm just as unhappy with the organization for the way the whole thing has been managed. But it is also on Irving himself if he can't show he is the best option in Abbottsford, and still the heir to Kipper's throne.

At any rate, I'm sure he gets the start tonight. Brust & Taylor have not been lights out their last few games, so this is his chance to showcase himself.

FLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote