View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Macman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
Actually, I don't think it is a doomsday scenario... There are 11 players on the NHL-CHL recall list, but I don't think all 11 will be recalled on a makeshift shortened NHL training camp... I think realistically we are looking at losing only 5 players if the NHL lockout ends, RNH, Scheiflle, Huberdeau, Strome, Hamilton. The rest I think will be left in junior but could get some playing time in the NHL on a recall basis after the tournament. I think the agreement with the NHL-CHL covers that sort of scenario, but I'm not 100% sure of it... maybe somebody else can confirm ya or nay. So, if you take a look at a potential roster minus the 5 of the 11, it's not that bad... they'll be hard pressed to get a gold medal and will have to be a real scrappy no nonsense bunch of ham and eggers to come away with a medal... but Canadians would get behind and support that underdog type of team. They would have to take a little flash and the two 17 year old players will have to run and gun, while the rest of the roster will have to be real character guys...
That's still a huge hit, and I suspect Jenner will be in Columbus as well. I'm hoping the Islanders let Strome play, but I can't see that either. We could conceivably be going to Ufa with MacKinnon as the No. 1 centre and as good as he is, it's not good enough.