View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Snotbubbles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Even if Peters gets back to pre-injury form, I'm not sold of them being a good unit. They just don't have the talent up front to compete against the better pass rushes in the league. It'll also be a tough task to get either Long or Clady.

The defense needs a lot of help outside of tackle. Outside of Kendricks, they have no one as a long term solution at linebacker. They need two safeties as well. Allen hasn't recovered from the knee injury, and Kurt Coleman just isn't good enough to be a starter in the NFL. I'd hold onto Namdi, but would get rid of DRC. He's too soft to play against the more physical receivers. That's not good when guys like Nicks, Bryant, and Garcon are going to be his match ups in the division for the foreseeable future. He's like A. Samuel without the ability to create turnovers. Both Graham and Cole are too small to be dominant pass rushers for an entire season. If they want them to stay as the starters, they're going to have to have a good rotation of ends to spell those guys.

I would love to see Bowe here though. He would give them a great red zone threat. Jackson and Maclin don't have the ability to go up and get the jump balls. Cooper hasn't been bad at it when he's gotten the chance though.
If Peters get back to his pre-injury form, there's no need for Long or Clady. You could simply draft Joekel, slot him in the RT spot. Move Herremans to RG and the line is solid. Don't forget, they were pretty good in 2011.

The defense needs some work, I agree. Safety is the biggest concern, but I think they can fill that in FA.