View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 10:26 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
You must have missed this past season because there were plenty of seats available for walk up on most of the games...

I too have rooted for worse teams, but that's not what bothers me. It's the smarmy attitude of this ownership group, playing this pretend game like they're really motivated to win. Clearly with the dumping of all that money last year, and the signing marginal stiffs for next, they are not. They were when they got here, but that fundamentally shifted once they won a couple of World Series. Now it's devolved into a blatant cash grab and what they're singularly motivated to do is separate the fan from their money. If the ownership isn't truly championship driven, then what do you really have? Basically, don't serve me up a turd sandwich and expect me to ask for seconds. It's laughable.
When the vast majority of your fanbase is under the belief that Bobby V cost the team about 20 games in the standings and Farrell is the chosen one, that's basically the fans saying "Ah yes, waiter, I'll have the turd sandwich on rye"

As an objective observer of the Red Sox, I thought they should have cut Ortiz loose and when with a youth movement. Well, they are doing the complete opposite and most Red Sox fans I talk to or read on the internet are happier than pigs in **** about these signings.