View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 10:37 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Why aren't college guys like Forbort given write ups like the junior players? Really, it's all the same level, just different leagues. Would have been nice to hear about him, Shore, Lowry, etc. Is there a college write up coming in the near future?

I's great to see that none of the defensemen have taken a step backward and that it looks like we'll have great defensive depth for several more years as these guys move from junior to the AHL. Likely good for LaDue he's going college, I have no idea where we will fit all of these D-men in a year. I suspect DL would have pulled off a few deals by now to clear a potential log-jam if not for the lockout.

My biggest concern is Gibson. His lack of (apparent) development is going to cause a hole in what DL is building in net. I think Gibson was slated for the ECHL next year with Berube moving up to the AHL as either a backup to Jones or a starter with Jones going to the NHL. If Gibson doesn't start progressing, he may not even get signed and you could see a void in net down the road in the minor league level.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote