View Single Post
12-05-2012, 09:43 AM
vCash: 500
I take my hat off to the KHL who has looked to do nothing but grow the game properly on such a large level.

I think the fall of the Soviet Union and the fall of the Soviet hockey league put the Russian leagues and its development 3 steps back. And then the Super League tried to bring it right back but produced nothing and rushed it. The KHL did what was needed and finding the right investors and bringing the game to the people.

In 3 years they produced much better teams, a stronger league and developed a proper developmental league. Now that the NHL lockout is in effect, the KHL is prospering. They will continue the stride and in only a few years you will start seeing much stronger teams and much stronger financial backgrounds for a majority of its teams

I dont think it will ever be as financially strong as the NHL but it will continue to grow.

They are even doing a great job in growing the game all over Europe. They inspired teams like Milano and Medvescak to step up their game, and those are teams in two non hockey marketed countries. They are pushing European hockey to the limits with their money and experience

Thesensation19* is offline   Reply With Quote