View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 09:54 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
The head in the sand lemmings make their ticket sales go up though. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet Caroline, oh, oh, oh...

The fans blame Bobby V for that train wreck last year (just like the previous year it was all Francona's fault), because the one eyed bandit spoon fed them that excuse. It'll be funny to see who they blame this year after they suck again. Maybe it's just me, but I see the problem residing more with Larry and his involvement in manager and player personnel decisions.
I agree with you 100%, but I also think they had a bad core of players (Beckett, Ortiz and others) who constantly feed into the hype because they can't keep their mouths shut. It's a problem we used to have in Chicago. Those guys are long gone now though, Mercker, Sammy Sosa, Aramis, Alou. The similarity is striking but the Red Sox seem to want to keep it rolling a few years longer and yeah, I definitely agree it is all about money and excuses for poor management by the higher ups.

As to who will get the blame, it will be Cherington. I expect him to be gone after this season.