Thread: Medvescak Bears
View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Thesensation19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiraly View Post
I think the objective with this approach is to create a successful team and get people turned onto the sport. I think in the case of Zagreb, they would not have been able to field a competitive team in the EBEL with only their Croatian born players.

The Bears seem to be quite popular. The trick now is to translate this popularity in the club into enrollment and infrastructure development. Now this may not be the objective of Medvescak, but it should be for the Croatian Hockey Authority.
It is exactly what they have done.

Medvescak is now #13 in average attendance for all European Hockey clubs including Russia. And that # will grow since they are using their bigger dome more often this season, they increased global marketing by having the outdoor Pula game and by signing Dustin Jeffrey. All of that and they are #1 in the EBEl, maybe #2 now but they are up there!

I have talks to friends and family and Medvescak has also improved its B teams and its junior teams. both of which will continue to grow for younger croatians and new comers all over Europe.

The fans are growing and they love this lifestyle. Win or lose, the fans go crazy!

Thesensation19 is offline   Reply With Quote