View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Worraps
McWonderful McSummer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
RNH will be a better offensive player than Koivu, that I have no doubt, but he will never be as good defensively or have the physical capability that Koivu does. They're very different players and each one fits his own team better. The Oilers seem to building an offensive juggernaut while the Wild forwards focus more on defensive play.

As for Schultz vs Dumba, I'd rather have Schultz, at least right now. I think this debate would be a little more Wild favored had we gotten Schultz instead of Eddy. We were one of the final teams he was considering after all. Though if we would've gotten Schultz, we probably wouldn't have had the cap room to get both Parise and Suter unless we made a trade to free some up.

In terms of which team I'd rather start with, I can't really go against my Wild. If it was just between a player or two, the decision would be much easier, but since it's an entire organization, I have to go with the players I know best.
I don't want to come off as too negative on Koivu because I really do like him as a player. I think he'll be the perfect mentor for Granlund. I just prefer having RNH as my 1C going forward.

The Wild have a very good mix of veterans and prospects at the moment. They are one of the teams I am most keen to follow this season.

Worraps is offline   Reply With Quote