View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 10:09 AM
bp13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
What exactly is it about the Yankees that make people think they are going to go into the toilet? A-Rod? The guy was a slug anyway; it's probably a blessing. I see another 90-95 win season.

The Orioles, yeah, they overachieved big time, but now they will have Bundy. I agree the Sox could finish with a better record than them. The Blue Jays, you can look back at Clemens and other big moves that didn't amount to a playoff spot but what they have done this offseason is a lot bigger than what they had done in the past. The players they got are good. They also have a very good young core. I see the Red Sox finishing in third behind the Blue Jays and Yankees unless they acquire a couple of ace pitchers for mostly minor league players and Ellsbury.
I see the Sox finishing behind NY and TB, also because the rotation sucks.

But I think one top flight starter puts them right there every team in the division, with a fair chance at a playoff spot. None of these teams is particularly good.

As for the Yankees...A-Rod, Jeter's ankle, potential loss of Swisher, potential loss of Martin, Pettite another year older, etc. That;s not a team in the upswing by anyone's imagination. Probably better than the Sox today, but not by any huge stretch.