View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 11:16 AM
FrozenJagrt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLOBI View Post
You know I check Negreanus blog every day.. man he is slacking. He used to have the weekly rant.. then it turned into the WHEN EVER THE **** I WANT TO POST blog. But I keep going back because when he does have a blog it is usually gold. I have not watched the new one but Kessel in Montreal to play poker?? I'm a poker fanatic but Montreal is too far. That would be cool to play poker with Kessel though.

I played at an underground club years ago and Kris Newbury was at the table. Very loose and not in a profitable way. I took a few hundred from him This was of course when he played for the Marlies and I had no idea who he was until someone mentioned he played for the Marlies.. they also knew Ian White but he was not at the card game.

I am pretty sure I heard that a lot of hockey players play poker.
It's not like it used to be. 20 years ago, poker was just what hockey players did. Roenick says that during his time in Phoenix, the players would regulalrly play for about 20 grand on their plane rides, and at one point he went up against Tkachuk for a hundred grand pot, but quickly realised things were getting out of hand with their betting and decided to split it.

FrozenJagrt is offline   Reply With Quote