View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
No one among Russia fans claimed that Russia is superior. As I go back over the posts, I don't find a single one alleging that Russia is Number 1. This is a "what have you done for me lately" World, and superiority is in the here and now. Canada has a chance to demonstrate to demonstrate superiority by going undefeated in Ufa, and winning each game by a large margin (6 or 7 goals). Merely winning and superiority are radically different concepts. If Canada wins the Gold Medal game by one goal, they have failed to demonstrate superiority.
Do I think Canada is a better hockey country than Russia, Yes, but not by as wide of a margin as many like to think.

Now that that is out of the way, I wasn't disputing anything about Russia/Canada hockey superiority. It was purely disproving your "facts" You stated that Canada had a core group of players over the entire SSS with a few outliers.

Quote:
Nor did the CHL field six completely different teams for all 6 games. They had their core players that we see time and again, and then a few outliers who were getting auditions.
And that Russia used different players in all 6 games.

Quote:
Were you aware that Russia used different players in all 6 games of the SSS?
Which also isn't true. The numbers are pretty clear cut.

Now if we want to get into who is superior... to your last comment, what if Russia wins by 1 goal? Superiority or no?

In my books there is always 1 top dog, and that is the team that wins the most. And over the past 20 years, there has been one country to prove this time and time again on the biggest stages.

Last edited by slocal: 12-05-2012 at 07:40 PM. Reason: edited quote