View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 10:36 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
That sums up your entire argument to this point -- such as you even have one.

You're not thinking right now, you're emoting, and it's obvious to a lot of people.

You've put yourself in the place you are by engaging in binary thinking, which is one of the great failures of emotional logic. By the argument you've been using so far in this thread, either

1: a move must put us in an immediate position to compete for the World Series

Or

2: The move serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

I don't think I need to spend a lot of time proving that there's a third option here.
Again, nothing more than gross assumptions and hyperbole from you. My point has been all along that these signings are more about PR than about improving the team because they don't make it a much better team than what they fielded last year. The logic (not sure if you can follow, but I'll give it one more shot) is that the FO is more concerned about selling tickets and team related products than actually winning. If they really wanted to be "competitive", then they would have addressed the holes they have on their pitching staff. Since the priority has been to add some offensive punch first, second, and third (and possibly fourth if they resign Ross as is being floated right now), they clearly are sending the message. Whether you're too obtuse to read it isn't my problem. That's on you. We done yet?