View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritzky98 View Post
Yea i had a tough time choosing offensive instincts, went with Hall since he plays on a team thats not as defensively defined as the Bruins, Could be either tho.
When it comes to leadership, Halls definitely the go to guy going forward on the Oilers. Seguin could be a good leader too but with guys like Chara and Bergeron on that team I doubt hell ever have the leadership opportunities Hall will have unless Seguin gets traded, which will probably not happen anytime soon.
Yeah, Seguin was the Captain of the Whalers (whatever thats worth) so I'm not really sure where this "AINEC" leadership attributes come from. Not saying theyre wrong, just saying Seguins really had no opportunity in the NHL to BE a leader, hes always been the youngin.

Like I said tho, itll be interesting to see his progression in the coming years. Being the best offensive weapon on a team comes with inherent leadership responsibilities, so we'll see if he handles himself well. Edmonton is a young team and Hall is the elder statesman of the Oilers most important players. Seguin is the best offensive player, but hes probably 3rd/4th on the most important behind Chara Bergy and Rask.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote