View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 10:44 AM
redbull
game on

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasfindl View Post
Personally i think his strength (+stability) on his skates is his strongest suit. His top speed was improved, as well as his acceleration. I actually think his agility is still a weakness and will probably remain to be one.
agree with this.

key difference is how much his strength has improved since his rookie year. His ability to protect the puck and make plays from nothing is unparalleled, among the best in the NHL IMO, especially why you combine that will his vision.

Although he has speed now, he's hasn't developed a great off-the-rush game (like Crosby, Malkin, Ovi, Kovy, for example). Datsyuk is a player who can do BOTH really well, dangle in open ice and be deadly and just as effective down low with incredible strength on the puck. Datsyuk has great agility and that's what JT doesn't have.

The best part of JT's game is that he's essentially unstoppable. He will get points no matter what because those types of goals are impossible to stop. Where Ovi struggles (recently) is on those highlight reel goals, those can be defended. A close to home example is Grabner, the breakway king. Not reliably a part of one's game (though, in his case, he gets hundreds of them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeberStreit View Post
After one goal and one assist in yesterdays game, Tavares now has the golden helmet! Although I don't think he can enjoy it for a long time, since the lockout seems to come to an end...

Highlights:
http://www.bluewin.ch/de/index.php/1...=136253&page=1

His goal was a thing of a beauty.
Thanks for the post. That sure was a thing of beauty. That half-spin power move is somewhat of a signature move by JT. He's done that a lot, both in Switzerland and in the NHL, sometimes on passes (like the earlier vid by IslesJunkie - you're welcome Moulson & Parenteau) and on shots.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote