Old
12-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
I'll take the Oilers for several reasons:

1. Zach Parise did not look the same after his injury. He looked a bit slower and not as quick with his first step. You also have to take into account that that the West is a lower scoring conference and Parise is not gonna be used to the insane amount of travelling (compared to the East). He'll still be a great player for the next 3-4 years

2. Blah, blah, blah Ryan Suter doesnt have Shea Weber anymore blah blah blah. Whether this is a legitimate gripe remains to be seen, but you cant tell me a pairing of Suter-Scandella/Spurgeon is gonna even come close in terms of effectiveness

3. The Oilers have the MUCH more proven prospects. RNH, Hall and Eberle have all proven they can be stars in the NHL. As good as Granlund, Coyle, Zucker etc. have looked, they havent proven squat yet.

4. I like the core of Hall/RNH/Schultz/Eberle/Yakupov/Gagner/Hemsky over Koivu/Parise/Suter/Granlund/Heatley (lol)/ Coyle for the next 5-7 years

The Wild will be better for the next 3 or so years, but I cant see either contending during that time
1. If Parise can pot 25-30 goals and 65-75 points, I'll be happy.

2. Spurgeon certainly isn't Shea Weber, but he'll be a capable top 4 d-man playing alongside Suter. I see him putting up around 30ish points, especially if he can stop losing the damn puck at the blueline when we're on the PP.

3. Thanks for stating the obvious.

4. Not sure why the lol at Heatley. With Parise and (a hopefully healthy) Koivu as linemates, I don't think it's a stretch to say he'll bounce back into the 30-35 goal range. His contract is expensive, but he's only on the books for another 2 years.

Billy Mays Here is online now   Reply With Quote