View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
I think you underestimate Keith Yandle, he would be our #1 Dman and he's young, you have to give if u want something.

I think Plekanec, beaulieu ( a guy who will become another kind of kaberle at best, in my opinion) gallagher and Markov the old and frail dman, could be a fair deal.

If we get Yandle we don't have space in the lineup for markov anyway.

I know the habs fans don't want to give when they talk about trade, but i would like a comment from a yotes fan

First, don't generalize. I am ALWAYS willing to give to get. I have been one of the few Habs' fans who has put together trade proposals with Hawks' fans that work around Plekanec and some prospects that fill our needs (as an example). I will "give to get" as long as it benefits BOTH teams.
Having said that, your offer is completely unbalanced. I love Yandle. He is an amazing player that we would be lucky to get. Coyotes' fans are lucky to have him, and should NOT give him up for less than an overpayment. The Habs, though, should NOT be the team to make the overpayment you just offered. You are giving up way too much value for a single aset. Plekanec alone can get us some of what we need in a deal, and as great as Yandle is, he is not what we need. Yandle would be a great asset for us to acquire, but the amount you are sacrificing to get him is crippling. Plekanec + for Yandle is something that could be palatable, but Montreal would be better served using Plekanec to get a top 6 young LW (Like Saad +, as an example) to develop with Pacioretty, DD and the other young guys on our team. Yandle is another PMD, and as good as he is, that is not what we need.

I will not get into an argument about how lopsided the deal is, because I do NOT want to get into an argument with Coyotes' fans that will end poorly. I will say that we are giving up way too much value in your proposal. There is no "fair" deal that could be offered, or even should be accepted, whereby the Habs get Yandle.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote