View Single Post
12-05-2012, 11:12 AM
vCash: 500
It is said that the Soviet Union was a third world country with a first world military.
Likewise, it can also be argued today that the KHL is basically a beer league that is run like the mafia (lots of money but with third world infrastructure: stadiums, transportation, medical care, etc.)

The fact is, the fundamentals aren't there to sustain the league over the long term. It's just like the European Union. The EU is nothing more than a pipe-dream by Euros to build a 'United States of Europe' to rival the USA, but again, the fundamentals are not there (no central standing army, un-elected bureaucrats, rampant sectarianism/nationalism, no common culture/bond other than anti-Americanism). The EU can say that they have a larger population, a larger GDP, a larger whatever than the USA, but as we see know, it is all beginning to fall apart because it lacks the fundamentals listed above.

And like the EU, the KHL will probably one day be able to say that they are superior to the NHL because they have 50 team league spanning 10 countries (with one pending on the moon), but the fundamentals are not there, and there is no reason to suggest it will change otherwise in our lifetime.

Last edited by who_me?: 12-05-2012 at 11:25 AM.
who_me? is offline   Reply With Quote