View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Ari91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shureshot66 View Post
Just to add a Pittsburgh perspective, Rossi is difficult to trust. He embraces sensationalism and has a poor track record (i.e. reporting that Jagr to the Pens was a done deal back in July 2011). That's why it's comforting to see a few other accounts that are similar, particularly Pierre LeBrun's column here.

Regardless of the overarching theme of Rossi's article, I'd take a lot of the smaller details with a grain of salt.
Thanks for the input because when I read the article, I got that sense from it. There's probably truth to the bigger picture but I questioned the smaller details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
Crosby has never indicated any desire to play in Europe, even if the full season was canceled.
He has said the longer the lockout drags on, the more he has to seriously consider going overseas to play, especially because he's missed so much hockey lately that he needs to be playing competitive hockey. However, I think all signs point to regardless of how much he really thought about going overseas, he didn't WANT to go. I think Crosby has held on to optimism and hope for this long because he has no desire to join another even temporarily. With the PA coming close to decertifying, that could very well be a season lost. I think Crosby saw this as the final opportunity to get something going and I wouldn't be surprised if he was a voice of reason for the PA because he has handled himself well despite the controversy surrounding the PA and some of the comments made by other PA members.

Ari91 is offline   Reply With Quote