View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 12:00 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido Sarducci View Post
Wow. The Flames 2006 first round draft pick is an AHL back up in 2012 and you are happy with his progress? You guys can rag on Flamesfan all you want, he's right.

If the lockout ends tomorrow Kiprusoff and Karlson take the two spots on the Flames which makes Irving still an AHL number 3. And Brust and Taylor are not even on Flames contracts. There are currently 3 goalies in Utah so it's even hard to send him to the ECHL to get some games played.

You are right Stewie, he should be in Europe. Playing. If I was Leland I would be spending my time in the pressbox learning Russian.

And even though he played well at times with the Flames last year in SEVEN starts he had ONE win. NHL GMs' notice things like that. Remember Curtis Mcelhinney? Hey, best of luck Irving, I just don't see it happening with the Flames.
How can you say Karlsson would get the backup job he lost it last year as they brought up Irving to play the games instead of Karlsson. There is no way to know who would get the backup role but last year Irving was more of the backup then Karlsson was.

Yes he had 1 win in 7 starts, he also faced more shots per game than Kipper did. Hockey is a team sport if you can't blame the goalie that had .912 Sv% including 1 game where he got blown out to be the main reason we lost 6 of those games.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote