View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 12:06 PM
N o o d l e s

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Everybody knows the Cubs are a budding powerhouse. I don't think the record last year is an issue at all with free agents or the guys on the team. Castro resigned for longterm for a discount. Garza has said he loves being here. The team has already talked about an extension with him. They have made some excellent signings this offseason and will not lose 100 games again. There is still a lot of work to be done for this to be a winning team but I think Garza understands that. I agree Theo is asking for too much in trade, but at the same time, if we aren't getting a stud prospect back, forget it, just keep Garza, he is only 28. I figure the Cubs will be in the race for a playoff spot in 2014 and then it only gets better from there as our prospects will start coming up.
Forgive me but the Cubs are not a budding powerhouse, I'm sorry. That implies a team like KC in the next few years or what we started to see from TB what, 6 years ago? I have a hard time believing Garza would say anything to the contrary while he's still under contract. The Cubs may have a few bright spots on the M.L. roster now, but their farm system isn't very deep at all and the elite talent at the high level of the farm system is very thin. Unless they become major players in the F.A. market in the next few years, I'm sorry but I fail to see how they're a budding powerhouse.