View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 12:21 PM
kman22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
We have high end talent but we just acquired it so like I said, give it a couple more seasons.

Baez, Almora and Soler are all very highly regarded prospects. We also have the No. 2 pick in the draft coming up. They drafted a ton of pitchers last year and will likely do the same again this year. It's hard to say who will and won't pan out but out of that mass, some of them certainly will. Obviously Castro and Rizzo are high end young MLB starters, honorable mention to Castillo at catcher too. One more year of losing for sure, but after that, the team will really start coming together. It took a lot time but the Cubs are doing it the right way. **** trying to get the playoffs and hope for the best, build a dynasty. That's been the gameplan since Day 1 and yeah, it's taken some time and will still take a lot more but with Theo, Hoyer and Co., along with Wilken, you know they are going to hit some home runs with these top 5 draft picks.

The Cubs beating the hell of MLB is something that every MLB fan is going to have to accept and get used to and it's going to be HARD AS HELL to accept, I know, so enjoy 2013 and 2014 because it is over after that.
I think you're dreaming. They've drafted pitching and still have no pitching. They have a few prospects that are really good, but they are years from competing as a team. Especially when they are in the same division as the cardinals and the reds.