View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 12:30 PM
bleedgreen

vCash: 500
He's been the best shooter since he came into the league at 18. He's one of the best shooters I've ever seen, and he's up there with hull that way. I do think he's a better shooter than ovechkin. I think his other skills are elite, but others have him beat in individual categories. Datsyuk is better with the puck, ovechkin is a better hitter when he wants to be, Malkin gets through traffic better. Still kovalchuk is right there in all the offensive categories amongst the best, it's his shooting that can't really been touched.

I've always liked kovy for his passion, never understood the criticism that he is lazy. He always worked his butt off and is great in big games. The work was primarily to score goals, and now it's rounded out. He grew up playing one way, and he had to learn to balance it. I've never been one to minimize an amazing offensive players abilities or accomplishments because he isn't a "good two way player". Seriously who cares? Unique and amazing talents should have a one track mind when that one track can't be touched. Thank god bure didn't play now. Kovy understands he needs to be present in all zones, and it's helped his perception around the league. Now I hope he can put a few more amazing statistical seasons up before he gets old, and cement his legacy.

People were always different about this guy. He lit it up from day one and people didn't give the credit. Ovie came and everyone loved him for being pretty much the same guy. He should go down as one of the greatest goal scorers of this generation, but we will see.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote