View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
you seriously dont think the best player in the game, the face of the league, being directly involved in negotiations with the owner of his team on the other side, doesn't hold some water?

i think ppl here are being naive and haters for no reason.
Beyond the fact that it forces an owner to look his star player in the eye when it comes time to say, "I want to cut-back your salary," no, it really doesn't hold much water. Unless of course Crosby has some prior history with settling labor negotiations that I don't know about.

However, I fully admit that Burkle is a great guy to have in the room. He's dealt with labor negotiations in the past and he's been very committed to the Pens. He was a major part in keeping them here during the relocation issues and he's also been one of the major benefactors of the last CBA. The value of his franchise has increased by 160% since 04-05.

Could there have been some "coaching" from Burkle that advised Crosby to say X and Y to his fellow players? Sure, but I don't for a second think that Crosby ought to get the praise the media is currently dishing out.