Thread: Prospect Info: Official OKC Barons 12/13 Thread:
View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 12:53 PM
nexttothemoon
light.end.tunnel

vCash: 50
Many forwards are flexible... centres can often play their preferred wing as well. Top centres are often the most well rounded players on their teams when they are kids and they are given the most responsibilities... both offensively and defensively among the forwards so it's not surprising they are also the most adaptable to moving to a wing position as well. In extreme cases you even get a guy like Fedorov who can move to D because he was such a solid all-around talent.

I think Eberle could play C.... so could Hall but I'd rather leave them both on the wings and have another option up the middle. I agree though that Eberle plays more of a "centre-style" game than Hall.

A top 6 of:
Hall-Eberle-Gagner
Hemsky-RNH-Yakupuv

That could be an interesting experiment as well. Wouldn't likely win many faceoffs though... but there would certainly be speed and finish on each line. We know Gagner has decent chemistry with Eberle/Hall as well. I know most don't want to split up RNH and Eberle... but putting RNH with Yakupov and Hemsky would be lethal. Yak the sniper
with 2 elite passers feeding him... would give opposing teams fits. RNH and Hemsky(when healthy... which he appears to be) are of course dangerous on their own as well.

3rd line of Smyth-Horcoff-Jones would be a solid PK/defensive vs toughs line
4th line of Hartikainen/Eager-Belanger-Petrell ... energy/faceoffs/PK/defensive line

Hordichuk subs in for goonery when needed.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote