View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 01:57 PM
40oz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVSFAN92 View Post
I know everyone is concerned about losing players who may be NHL ready or at least invited to a camp this season. BUT IN REALITY, no NHL team is is going to waste a year of an entry level contract on a half season; especially when these players are still 18, 19 years of age. Huberdeau, Murphy, Hamilton, Jenner, Strome, all the 11 guys that ones have mentioned will not be called upon to play in a shortened season. More than likely, just the camp. But if they make the WJC roster, i'm pretty sure their NHL owners would want them there competing against the best in the world at their age; instead of at training camp with outta shape NHL players. Just to be sent back to their respective junior teams and then miss out on the WJC. Only elite talent would make a NHL team and play especially in a shorten season. Like a Crosby, RNH, etc.

Really only RNH and Murray(injured) would've been a possibility of being lost in IMO. Obviously you never know, what a NHL team is thinking especially with prospects. Just like I'm sure many ppl will be surprised by the players selected for the final WJC roster for Canada.
I disagree, because they'd be playing for a full NHL season that just happens to have half as many games. If a player is going to help a team win they will have him on the roster.

Brad May was on sportnet the other day talking about the 48 game '94-'95 season and he said that if you ask players from that year they will attest to how tough it was, how it was a sprint to the stanley cup and how for them there is no asterix next to that year.