View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Master Lok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderjam View Post
In the comics she has every reason to get any type of revenge on the Governor. In the TV series he hasn't really done anything personally to her so Michonnes actions definitely seem a bit strange.
Well.... aside from
a) sending a hunting-killing team after her, after she left Woodbury. By so doing, the Governor has proven that his intentions are not honorable, neither to her, nor to Andrea.

b) once he sent that kill team, the Governor just become #1 on Michonne's guys-to-be-killed list.

c) there seems to be personal bias from Michonne as well. She doesn't seem to like his slick good looks or salesman-esque sliminess. Or maybe she's jealous that Andrea really likes him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipsADrive View Post
Michonne's actions still don't quite sit right with me though. I'm not exactly sure why she'd risk abandoning Rick and the other just to ambush and kill the Governor. What was the point? It would just make him a martyr to the town (likely leading to Merle taking charge) and it wouldn't exactly endear her to Andrea. As a seasoned survivor who made it for so long on her own you'd think she'd care more about self preservation rather than vengeance.
I'm not sure that Michonne thinks of longterm consequences like who becomes leader of Woodbury if she kills the Governor. She led Rick and the group to Woodbury to help them rescue Glenn and Maggie like she said she would.

But she had her own goals in mind - namely killing the Governor. Think of her as a lone wolf with her own goals and plans. She is not (yet) part of the groupthink of Rick's group.

Yes Michonne is a survivor, but we don't know what motivates her truly. Is she really more interested in self-preservation than vengeance? Why not vengeance? She kills zombies with a passion. I think she kills all her enemies with a passion. With a complete commitment to her enemies destruction.

Master Lok is offline   Reply With Quote