View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 01:14 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN View Post
Glen, at some point you have to stop making excuses. I don't care how many shots he faces, or if his groin is a little sore, or if he's had a baby (and you did use this as an excuse last year). End results are the bottom line, and how many wins does he have in either league over the past year?
Many of you were claiming Irving was one of the best goalie prospects in the league. I'm simply saying if he was he'd be showing more.
Answer me this: When would Irving have had more value - 18 months ago when he was a regular starter and one of the best goalies in the AHL or now? What if we just outright lose him as a FA? To suggest that we may have to look at other options shouldn't be met with so much hostility.
This whole mentality that to post on here you have to gush about our prospects, and if you bring up a concern a bunch of posters jump down your throat is pretty sad.
I never did use the baby excuse another poster did.

I have never made excuses but judging a goalie on wins like like judging a forward on shifts played they don't tell you much. Unless of course you believe Bryzgalov is a better goalie than Kipper because he won a much better % of games started.

I am not making excuses I am frustrated that he isn't in the nhl yet but like my previous post pointed out you are criticizing him for things that aren't true or out of his control.

Again I can't state this enough wins don't equal the talent of the goalie. Hockey is a team sport so to judge 1 player on the effectiveness of the team is moronic, I have no problem with people being critical about our prospects but all I am asking for is a valid argument not he doesn't play enough in the ahl, not he has regressed (not true), not he didn't that great of numbers and ignore the fact he was hurt and did well in the nhl, not he wouldn't be a backup right now as he was last year. If you are going to criticize him then say what you don't like about his game etc, if you think having to defend your position on him with facts is sad then I guess you are going to have a hard to posting your opinion's here.

Last edited by TheHudlinator: 12-05-2012 at 01:31 PM.
TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote