View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 01:33 PM
40oz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVSFAN92 View Post
Ok, then if we take that viewpoint; a younger player wouldn't be able to keep up/ be effective enough to play more more games or in a shortened schedule bc of their lack of strength. Sorta like RNH last year, got hurt a few times bc he was thrusted into a 1st role and mins and his body couldn't hack it. Landeskog on the other hand had a more mature body and could be physical and be productive. It all depends on the player for each team and situation.

I def don't disagree with you, I think teams would still want to have a camp with all their options present, younger and older. Hopefully and more likely than not, the new CBA won't be figured out before the end of the tourney or even this year probably. So I think we don't have to worry about it affecting the WJC.

Can't wait to watch, my DVR will be working overtime!
Or you could look at it that a younger player would thrive in a shortened season because they wouldn't have to have to deal with the rigors of a full 82 game season. Nugent-Hopkins played the first half of the season without an injury anyways (which came from him tripping and falling into the boards awkwardly, not because his body is 'less mature').

Either way, looking at Bostons blue line. I really cant see Aaron Johnson or someone outplaying Hamilton for a roster spot.