View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 01:46 PM
FrankMTL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
Wow thats a huge over estimation. For forwards here's what I think is the general consensus:

Locks:
Nugent-Hopkins
Huberdeau
Scheifele
Strome
Jenner

Close to Locks:
Rattie
Wilson
Ritchie
McNeil
Mackinnon

That's 10 of 13 forwards right there. I think Hudon will be in tough. In my estimation you're looking at 3-4 spots open with alot of capable talent to fill in. With his size I'm not too sure if Hudon will be able to handle a checking role, and among skilled players, you've got quite a bit more flash available.

I'd say hes 50/50 at best.
Well, judging how well he's played for Hockey Canada in the past and considering he was pretty solid during the Subway Series...I'd say he has a pretty good shot. Head scout Kevin Prendergast seems to be a pretty big fan too

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...des-points.php

Quote:
Prendergast dit avoir déjà été conquis par Hudon, choix de cinquième ronde du Canadien en 2012.

«Il a été notre meilleur compteur au tournoi Ivan-Hlinka. Donc, ça n'a pas été une grande surprise pour moi de constater qu'il a été dominant contre les Russes en août. C'est l'un de mes joueurs favoris depuis un an. J'ai été surpris qu'il soit repêché seulement en cinquième ronde. La mode semble favoriser à nouveau les joueurs imposants, mais il joue comme s'il était un joueur costaud et on le verra dans la LNH.»

Quick translation : "He was our best scorer during the Ivan-Hlinka tournament, so it wasn't a big surprise for me to see that he was dominant against the Russians in August. He's been one of my favorite players during the last year. I was surprised that he was picked so low (in the 5th round). The new trend seems to be picking bigger guys again, but he plays bigger than his size and we'll see him in the NHL."

I'm not saying he's a lock to make it, but with everything mentionned, Hockey Canada seems to love him. He also has 35 points in 25 games and still leads his team in scoring even though he missed 6 games so far this year.