View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 02:01 PM
therealdeal

vCash: 500
The biggest thing for Team Canada right now is that it's best players get back on the ice full time. The scouting process should have started 80 days ago when the lockout began, but if we can still get at least 40 games in, then we'll have a better chance than in Turin.

It's basically 12 months and a couple weeks until the team is selected (assuming it's part of the new CBA). There are going to be a lot of guys fall off the radar that were assumed to have good shots, and a lot of guys climb up that we never really saw coming. I'm gonna save making anymore rosters until probably September or October.

Another thing to consider will be this years World Championships. Guys will be eager to get more games in, and will be eager to let Hockey Canada watch them play more. Hopefully we send good coaches that can be advisers for the Sochi group.

I would agree with the poster above me though that Hall is an interesting candidate. Natural winger, speed up the waazoo. The question is whether or not he'll stay healthy, and I seriously hope he does.