View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 02:03 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrx View Post
I can't believe Shanahan is getting votes over "Black Jack" (a nickname he hated) and Ullman. Shanahans importance to the franchise have been greatly exaggerated and romanticized over the past decade. Don't get me wrong I absolutely loved the guy, brought leadership, grit and scoring but his importance wasn't that great that he should get votes over above mentioned players or Zetterberg.
Agree with you, voted Zetterberg, will vote Ullman next then probably Stewart. I think all deserve to go in front of Shanahan, I like Shanny a lot. The guy I really struggle to place is Quackenbush, he never actually won a cup in Detroit. So while people go on and on about him and you see him on a lot of greatest lists with D-man and he has the first teams and Lady Byng, I don't know where that puts him.

I will say this he has one of the most interesting statlines I have ever seen.

Quackenbush in 774 games across professional leagues had 95 PIM. That is for his whole career, which is just incredible. In 1948-49, his last season with Wings when he was a first team all-star, he didn't have a penalty minute the entire year.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote