View Single Post
Old
12-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Buck Aki Berg
My pockets hurt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861 View Post
Who is more important to you - a woman who you are merely friends with, or the woman you love? The answer had better be obvious.
Your reasoning here (I know, I used the R-word again....) is flawed. Number one, my friends and my girlfriend are mutually exclusive entities. It's not like I have a twenty dollar bill and I have to decide whether to take my girlfriend to dinner or have a beer with my friend. My friends do not exist at the expense of my girlfriend, nor is the opposite true.

Number two, the which-do-you-care-about-more argument can be applied to anything. Would it be fair to use that argument if she was telling me to cut other friends out of my life? Would it be fair to use that argument if she was telling me to quit my job? And do I want to set the precedent that I should be doing whetever she says because "if I cared about her, I wouldn't [insert activity here]?

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861 View Post
If the situation were to repeat itself with my fiance, who does not have such tendencies, I'd probably give her what she wants (it's kind of moot since I really don't hang out with any single females any more).
Just to be clear, this has nothing to do with me wanting to hang out with single females (I know that isn't what you said, but I just wanted to make that distinction - there is a difference between "My girlfriend doesn't like me hanging out with single girls" and "My girlfriend gets mad when I hang out with my friend who is female".